CalAmp LMU-3030 Professional Installation Guide
This guide covers 2 types of installations.
- Basic plug-in installation
- Optional Y-cable installation
Step 1 | Identification
- Record ESN number.
Depending on modem type, record one of the following:
- IMEI number
- MSN-D number
Step 2 | Installation - Plug In
- Locate OBD-II port.
Low on drivers side dash.
- Plug Device into OBD-II port.
- Skip to Step 6 | Verify operation.
Step 3 | Installation - With Optional Y Cable
- Locate and remove OEM OBD-II connector.
- Install Y harness where the OEM OBD-II connector was removed.
- Plug OEM OBD-II connector into Y harness.
Use or remove included bracket as necessary.
- Select a location for the device to be secured.
- Device should be secured using wire ties or industrial type velcro.
- Device should be secured with the label up or having clear sight out of the vehicle.
- Device will work through most materials with the exception of metal, do not place directly under metal.
- Plug the remaining (long) end into the device
Step 5 | Installation With Optional Y Cable
Recommended placement is in the A pillar, or behind the instrument panel.
Step 6 | Verify operation
Call support at 866.908.1165 or Log into Reveal Hardware Installer to verify operation.
Monday - Saturday 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Minimum Device Requirements
To download Verizon Hardware Installer, visit:
For assistance using the Reveal Hardware Installer app, please see the Quick Start Guide.